WS 2013/14 - Seminar: Computer Vision: Object and People Tracking
Organization and Registration
The master seminar can be performed throughout the semester. Please email to Gabriele.Bleser(at)dfki.de. A suitable topic and supervisor (from the Augmented Vision Lab) will be found within a first meeting scheduled at the beginning of the semester.
Kickoff meeting: October 24, 2-4 pm, room 1.04 at DFKI
Dr. Gabriele Bleser: Gabriele.Bleser(at)dfki.de
Prof. Dr. Didier Stricker
The seminar is based on the knowledge taught in the lecture Computer Vision: Object and People Tracking.
Selected topics from the field of Computer Vision and Tracking, e.g.:
- Marker-less object detection, recognition and tracking in video sequences
- Multi-target tracking
- Marker-less human body tracking in video sequences
- Current applications and trends
- become acquainted with a specific topic from the field of Computer Vision and Tracking and review scientific articles
- prepare and give a comprehensive presentation of a specific topic supported by media
- discuss a scientific topic
- Short presentation (20 minutes + 5 minutes questions) and discussion round (attendance is obligatory for all presentations).
- Written survey paper, 5-8 pages, to be submitted at the day of presentation. The paper should introduce the topic, describe the studied approach and discuss it, e.g. what are advantages/disadvantages, what are the requirements, under which conditions are good/bad results to be expected, what could be extensions/improvements, etc.
- For both, presentation and written paper, please use the provided templates.