WS 2013/14 - Project: Computer Vision: Object and People Tracking
Organization and Registration
The master project can be performed throughout the semester. Please email to Gabriele.Bleser(at)dfki.de. A suitable topic and supervisor (from the Augmented Vision Lab) will be found within a first meeting scheduled at the beginning of the semester.
Kickoff meeting: October 24, 2-4 pm, room 1.04 at DFKI
Dr. Gabriele Bleser: Gabriele.Bleser(at)dfki.de
Prof. Dr. Didier Stricker
The project is based on the knowledge taught in the lecture Computer Vision: Object and People Tracking. Good programming skills are helpful.
Research, design, implementation and evaluation of algorithms and methods to tackle Computer Vision and Tracking problems in various applications.
- investigate, design, implement, and evaluate algorithms and methods in the area of Computer Vision and Tracking
- review, analyze and benchmark algorithms and procedures
- apply an object oriented programming language (e.g. C++)
- become acquainted with and apply existing software libraries
- apply development, source code management and testing tools
- Short presentation and demonstration of the project (20 minutes + 5 minutes questions) and discussion round (attendance is obligatory for all presentations).
- Written paper describing the project (4-5 pages) and documented source code (to be submitted at the day of presentation). The paper should be written as a scientific paper (no source code description), i.e. introduce the problem, your requirements, describe the approach, evaluate it.
- For both, presentation and written paper, please use the provided templates.