WS 2016/17 - 3D Computer Vision
Save the date:
The examination will take place on 31.03.2017 from 8:30 to 10:30 in room 42-115.
The second examination will take place on 11.09.2017 from 08:30 to 11:00 in room 46-210.
Here the link: www.kis.uni-kl.de/campus/all/event.asp
Regarding the exam:
- what you should focus on: all lectures except Photometric Stereo (01.02.2017).
- what you may bring: pencil, pen, eraser, ruler and calculator* are allowed. Books, notes and devices able to connect to the Internet are not allowed.
- the exam will contain theoretical as well as practical questions. You should have a good understanding of the algorithms and be able to derive the main formulas.
* advanced calculators must be reset shortly before the exam.
Room and Time
Lecture: 48/210, Wednesday, 08:15-09:45, starting 26.10.2016
Exercise: PC-32/411, 17:00 - 19:00; see dates below.
Prof. Dr. Didier Stricker
Christiano Gava: Christiano.Gava[at]dfki.de
- Introduction: what is a camera?
- Camera model and camera calibration
- Fitting and parameter estimation
- Image point detection and point matching
- 2D-image transformations (mapping) and panorama stitching
- Two cameras: epipolar geometry and stereo reconstruction
- Multiple view reconstruction
- Structured light: laser, coded light
- Depth Cameras
- Structure from motion
- David A. Forsyth and Jean Ponce, Computer Vision: A Modern Approach
- Olivier Faugeras, Three-dimensional Computer Vision
- Richard Hartley and Andrew Zisserman, Multiple View Geometry in Computer Vision
The slides are added here shortly before or after the corresponding lecture.
- 26.10.2016: Introduction
- 02.11.2016: Camera models & calibration
- 09.11.2016: 2D projective transformations
- 16.11.2016: Epipolar Geometry
- 23.11.2016: Structure and Motion 1
- 30.11.2016: Parameter estimation (updated 30.11)
- 07.12.2016: Structure and Motion 2
- 14.10.2016: Dense reconstruction 1
- 21.12.2016: Dense reconstruction 2
- 11.01.2017: Structured Light 1
- 18.01.2017: Structured Light 2
- 25.01.2017: Depth camera
- 01.02.2017: Photometric stereo
- 08.02.2017: Advanced SLAM and AR Applications
Home assignments and supervised sessions (theoretical and practical part in Matlab)
- Matlab Lesson / Matlab Exercise (No need to hand in)
- Exercise 1 (Deadline: 25.11.2016, Exercise session on 28.11.2016)
- Exercise 2 (Deadline: 09.12.2016, Exercise session on 12.12.2016)
- Exercise 3 (Deadline: 16.12.2016, Exercise session on 19.12.2016)
- Exercise 4 (Deadline: 03.02.2017, Exercise session on 06.02.2017)